Hurray! We finally had our first international trip. When I say international trip, well.. yah i've been to Singapore, but that's an exemption since Singapore is where Ynne lives and works. So, a first legitimate travel, Japan!
My girlfriend, Ynne and I visited Japan for the very first time from February 19 to 25, 2015. We were lucky enough to get a free accommodation for 3 nights as Ynne’s aunt lives near the US Navy Base in Japan. Who would say no to that right? We needed to use our money wisely so it was a great decision to check-in in a tidy and affordable hotel in Shinjuku afterwards.
Our Tokyo tour wouldn’t be possible without the travel itinerary and how to’s I got from Sir Ahj, my super cool professor turned close friend.
Feel free to mimick the wonderful escapade we did during our 7-day Tokyo vacation below:
- Flew from Manila to Tokyo
- Went to Shibuya Crossing and ate at a random ramen house with Sir Ahj
- Went to Ynne’s Aunt near Yokohama
- Meiji-Jingu Shrine
- Takeshita Street
- Gyukaku (bonding with Ynne’s relatives)
- Kamakura Buddha – Daibatsu Buddha
- Maruetsu Sushi-go-round
- Illumillion Park, Sagamino
- Hotel check-in, Shinjuku
- Tokyo Skytree
- Tokyo Tower
DISNEY SEA whole day
- Aqua City, Statue of Liberty, Rainbow Bridge, and decks
- Lunch at Tokyo Bay View Korean Dining
- Met Sir Ahj again with his friend, Bern at Ameyayokocho
- Last Dinner at New York Tokyo Bar in Park Hyatt Hotel
On top of the amazing Tokyo adventure and the freezing cold weather of 2-8 degrees celsius throughout the day, I wouldn’t forget the culture Japan has to offer. It was gruesomely different from what we have in the Philippines. We will truly be back for more, hopefully soon.